Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Mountain Biking

A couple of weeks ago I agreed to go with a couple of friends out mountain biking. All those who know me well know that I don't do mornings, but I decided I would try this once. So Dave Utley picked up up at 6:15 to go out to the trail.

There were some highs . . . .

and lows of the morning,

but overall, I had a great time. I decided that success on this first experience meant not throwing up. So, I succeeded in that goal (though I came close twice . . . as you can see). The next goal will be to cut my time down from two hours to at least an hour and a half!

Thanks to Ashley Harrison and Dave Utley for being patient with me and taking me out there. I promise I will get back in the saddle soon. I'm working on getting in slightly better shape at the Fitness Center!

peace,

-chris

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Okay...seriously Chris...I'm so proud of you. That takes some strength and endurance to not only ride the trails for that long...but to get up that early. Did you at least stay up long enough to watch the sunrise????

Anonymous said...

I would have thrown up just being up and THINKING about exercizing at that time of the morning!