Monday, August 25, 2008

OK, OK, so EVERYONE and their mom has blogged on how awesome Elie Wiesel was last Thursday night. And I am just now getting around to my turn at it. So, here goes. . .

First, I AGREE- the evening WAS awesome. The church building (

it was at my church- how cool is that?) was packed with over 800 people. Channel 7 news even made an appearance! There was an excitement I haven't felt when waiting to hear a speaker- EVER. And when Elie stepped out, everyone erupted in applause and leapt to their feet. Just seeing a group of people honor a man like that was inspiring!

I can still remember having to read his book "Night" in high school. It was one of the few books that has stuck with me all these years. I even pulled it out 3-4 years ago and re-read it. So, to now sit at the feet of this man, a Nobel Peace Prize winner, and actually hear him speak . . . . it's beyond words. For just one night, he was our teacher, our Rabbi- sharing with us the message of reconciliation.

If you want to know more about his content, I will defer to Josh and Patrick. They have done a great job summarizing it, so check their blogs out!

Anyway, I started grad classes last week at Rochester College. I'm excited to get back into school and learn again. I know it sounds weird, but its true. I miss digging into the Word and learning from my Bible profs. So, I'll get my fill on Thursday nights!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have heard your demands and heeded them. My blog is updated. Enjoy. lol.