Sunday, November 02, 2008

Series Graphics

Part of my job as worship minister is to come up with graphics for our Sunday and Midweek services. Sometimes, I use great resources out there like lifechurch.tv and Vine Resources. But more often, I design them myself. I'm not a professional graphic designer, so it can be a challenge, but it's an awesome creative outlet for me. Some people have gardening, I have photoshop! Anyway, here's a few I've done over the last few months. I made this one from scratch. The button took a while to get perfect, but I thought it turned out pretty good. This one I created from a shot of downtown Detroit. With a title like "Taking It To The Streets", I wanted to have a picture that communicated our local community and area. Not sure if they noticed it or not, but it meant something to me! I wanted to use each Sunday's theme as a book title. Not my best, but I still like it. Last year, we were revamping out small group ministry and needed a new logo with the new name. As much crazy stuff I came up with, it still needed to be an accessible logo for all generations. Pretty basic, but does it's job nicely. I love the name!

1 comment:

Shane Coffman said...

Great job with those graphics, Chris!

I'm still a hack when it comes to Photoshop. I need to take lessons...