Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Hey everybody. OK, OK. . . . so, I'm already a poor blogger. One week has passed since I first started this thing, and look, ONLY ONE POST! Things have been pretty busy. I went to a showcase during GMA week last tuesday night and got to see a lot of musicians I respect perform. Ginny Owens, Matt Kearney, Superchic[k] were all great to watch. But Tree 63, by far, was the best musically. For just three guys, the sound was HUGE! They ended with Blessed Be Your Name- it was moving to see a bunch of people in a club worshipping the Lord. (Why can't we do that!?!) It was such a cool experience. We also had a great weekend in Ocala, FL at the Maricamp Road Church of Christ. It was a lot of fun to hang out with Hoss Ridgeway and get to know him better. And. . . . it's just exciting to help ignite the fire of worship in a church! I feel that as the church, in the past, we have boiled worship down to a handful of actions we simply execute instead of something that we are impassioned by. We have done a poor job of teaching a "theology of worship" that communicates what the Bible truly expresses. I bubble over with thoughts about this whole subject (especially those that know me well). And I hope that I can share some of those thoughts here. Anyway, peace out! -chris

No comments: