Wednesday, April 27, 2005

OK- I've been reading this book called "Blue Like Jazz" by Donald Miller. It is a great read! Donald is such an honest writer- he doesn't mince words, he just writes as if he's in a conversation with you. I appreciate that especially because he has voiced and wrestles with a lot positions on "christian issues". I definitely recommend it! I also have had this longing for awhile. I can't really explain it, but I absolutely miss . . . . dare I say this!?! . . . college. I miss going to school and studying with my old bible professors. I have even gotten on Ebay to pick up some commentaries I have been wanting. Bible nerd to the end, huh? I think its because I learned so much and grew so much spiritually during my time at Lipscomb. I haven't really been able to find anything to replace my Bible classes. I haven't found anywhere that will go as deep as we did in those classes. The Jewish traditions, the Hebrew/Greek word studies, I love that stuff! It just makes the Bible come alive to me! Anyway, have a great day. Talk to ya soon. -chris

1 comment:

Justin said...

Hey Chris, just found your blog. I agree with you on Donald Miller. This past semester a group of us guys used "Blue Like Jazz" in our Bible Study. Its a great book, but I wouldn't buy it for its cartoons. :p Sexy Carrot anyone?

My stance on school is a little bit different, because I'll be in my 9th year of college (ugrad+grad). I'm so ready to get out, but I can see what your saying.