Friday, October 27, 2006

The World Series

I'm sitting here right now, on edge of the stairs, watching Game 5 of the World Series. My friends reading this will laugh at me. Chris? Watching baseball? Not just watching baseball, but getting into it? Never in my life have I declared allegiance to any team in any sport at any time. But, for some reason, it really has been fun to get caught up in the buzz of the World Series. As many of you know, I have always described the chore of watching a baseball game on TV like this: 3 minutes of action packed into 3 hours of television.

But there is a buzz in Detroit. We have hosted the Superbowl AND the World Series in the same year up here. You will never find more dedicated hockey fans than the fans of the Redwings. There is just something different . . . My initial guess is that it gets so cold up here, that professional sports is about all there is to enjoy- cause you can't bear the weather for months. Still, there is something in the air, you can feel it. It makes me want to go to Chelio's ( a restaurant owned by a Redwing player) and watch a Redwings game in the midst of the crazed fans.

So, the Tigers just lost. Wainright just threw the winning pitch. Disappointing. But I didn't think the Tigers could've come back. They just weren't playing as well as they should have- especially the pitching. Ahh, but it was fun . . .

So, hopefully my friends have stopped chuckling to themselves while reading this. Yes, times have changed. I'm a daddy, and I'm watching sports on TV. You'd better watch the skies for Jesus to come back. I think I hear the horsemen of the apocalypse now.

P.S. Anyway, Vicki and I took some "artsy" pictures of Genesis before she gets to big. Vicki got some great shots of her. So, I'm sure you'll be seeing some of them very soon!

2 comments:

Kara Graves said...

I too, found myself a baseball fan all of a sudden. I have always been a sports fan, but always claimed that baseball was uninteresting and only useful for naptime.

After being the scorekeeper for Josh's softball games I began to get interested in all the points and plays and before I knew it, we were going to Tigers games and watching every single one on TV. It's funny....so far, I really don't care about Pistons games...they just aren't that interesting anymore!

Anonymous said...

Boy...if you don't update this blog! ;o)