Monday, October 09, 2006

ZOE Worship Conference

This weekend, we took a group of 12 from RCC to the Zoe Worship Conference in Nashville, TN. We had an incredible experience worshipping with 1200 worship leaders, praise team members, and ministry leaders from churches all over the US! The keynote speaker, Mike Cope, knocked every sermon out of the park!! I was so blessed to be there.

Initially, I was a little worried about getting everyone down there, since a week before we lost our van rental accomodations. So, we got a few voluteers to drive and caravaned all the way to TN! It ended up working out for the best- since we got an opportunity to bond and get closer with our little group. AND, I got to show them a little piece of Nashville too! Man, do I miss it . . . especially since a big part of the trip was the food. From CheeseCake factory to El Mariachi to Sonic, we ate very well for the three days we were down there. And I didn't get a chance to take them to Baja Burrito. ( there's always next year . . .) But a few of us DID stop to grab a latte at one of my favorite coffee joints- FIDO'S.

But more than anything, I enjoyed the friends and the fellowship. I loved showing off little Genesis to our friends ( Mike was way smitten with our little girl) and spending time with BT and Steve. I loved seeing our group laugh, make fun of each other, and draw closer to each other.

Which was the theme of the conference, by the way. CLOSER.

How do we draw closer to God? With all the avenues and ways in which we open ourselves up to Him, I have one for you to think about. When the body of Christ does what it is supposed to do- be in community with each other, admonish each other, build each other up- then we ARE closer to God.

We become closer to God not as a result of community, but through it. He lives and breathes between us. "Whenever two of you are gathered in my name, there I am with you" (CLV version ;)

Something to think about . . . .

1 comment:

Kara Graves said...

wow, are you starting to really get into the blogging world? I am proud of you!haha.

ZOE was great, thank you for taking the time and energy to organize a trip for a group of us to go. What a powerful time!