Friday, January 02, 2009

Shaving the Beard

For those of you who don't know, I grew a beard for our Christmas Production called "Imagine Christmas." I was one of two comedic angels for the show. Kevin Stewart and I looked similar, so we needed to change my appearance . . . . and Voila! I decided to grow the beard. I've had it for a little over 2 months now, so I resolved to have a little New Year's fun when I finally shaved it. Here are the horrific results: Stage 1: The beard. Stage 2: The youth minister goatee. AND I look tired. Stage 3: The Fu Manchu. Doing my best James Hetfield impression! Stage 4: YIKES! This one is a tad scary! Stage 5: The Adolf. Also very scary. P.S. I did not leave it like this. I am now clean shaven (save that pesky soul patch underneath my bottom lip), and looking years younger! Happy New Year! -chris

5 comments:

JB said...

Although I'm sad to see the beard go (you were my fellow beardsman) I'm glad to see that you had some fun before it left. Your James Hetfield impression was my favorite. Happy New Year.

Gem said...

The youth minister one is a Van Dyke, a goatee has no mustache (like Uncle Sam and Shaggy). I lived 39 yrs w/o knowing that, lol!

Anonymous said...

The fourth picture could be named 'The Inigo Montoya.' :)

The Chilton Family said...

Awesome pics! Made me laugh out loud!! :) Mandy

Nicolas Dunbar said...

My Brother! Very nice pics. The Beard was quite awesome. AND the Montoya was the BEST!